Select the Use button to add a tag to the body of your email. You may also use tags in the subject of your email by copying and pasting them directly in.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Epidemic Intelligence Service Alumni Association (the EISAA) respects the privacy of every individual who visits www.eisalumni.org (“Web site”). This notice explains our online information practices. Because your privacy is important to us, we provide you with notice and choices about the collection and use of your information. To make this notice easy to find, links are provided at the bottom of our homepage and on every page within our Web site. By visiting EISAA at www.eisalumni.org, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We collect two types of information:
1. Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
2. Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you request information or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry.
Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities:
Access and choice:
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is important so we can provide you with helpful information and services. You may update, correct, or delete personal information by modifying your user profile. You can choose not to receive information about specific products and services, or any other promotional materials, from us by direct mail and/or e-mail at any time by modifying your communication preferences also located in your user profile.
Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. Credit cards are processed through our merchant gateway, authorize.net. We keep a record of your transaction.
Requests: If you submit an online request for EISAA products such as free brochures, or submit a question through a “contact us” query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, shipping address, telephone number, and email address.
Public Forums: If you choose to participate in a chat room, discussion board, news group or another public forum that we make available to our users, please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding whether or not to disclose your personal information.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Web site to the following:
1. If you do not make a request or donation, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you.
2. If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
· Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
· Supply you with information including news related to EISAA, CDC or public health, CDC Foundation programs, events and announcements.
· Request monetary contributions to the CDC Foundation and/or EISAA.
3. We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate CDC Foundation department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (2) above).
Unless required by law, your personally identifiable information will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with the EISAA as follows:
We use third parties to provide you with the following services:
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
1. Do not contact me by telephone.
2. Do not contact me by postal mail.
3. Do not contact me by email.
4. Do not contact me.
To inform us of any desired restrictions, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com or call 404.653.0790. You may also click the unsubscribe clink at the bottom of an EISAA e-mail to remove your address from our email list. All reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that your contact preferences are honored.
Please update your member profile within the alumni portal or contact us by email to report changes to your contact information. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the EISAA Web site. This site contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those Web sites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
EISAA and the CDC Foundation values and respects its donors’ right to privacy. It affirms that its fundraising practices protect against unauthorized use of any donor’s personal information that may be known to EISAA or the CDC Foundation. EISAA and the CDC Foundation do not share donors’ personal information with any third parties for any purpose except as may be required by law. The CDC Foundation publishes an annual report listing all contributors who are willing to be so recognized. Donations of those that choose not to be listed by name will be recognized as anonymous contributors.
If you have any questions about our policy or our compliance, you may send us an email at email@example.com.
Code of Conduct
Who can access the EIS Alumni Association alumni portal?
Please note that the EISAA alumni portal is to be used by members of EISAA only. Certain workspaces within the alumni portal will be tailored for and restricted to certain membership types; access to these areas will be determined and approved by EISAA alumni portal staff. The Content that is displayed in your member portal will automatically vary based on your user / membership type.
What can be posted?
To ensure all interactions within the EISAA alumni portal are safe and friendly, EISAA alumni portal staff will oversee the member portal activity and will review, edit, and delete any inappropriate content that has been submitted. This includes abusive or offensive language, spam, malicious files, or other disrespectful contact. To help provide a productive environment, please report any offensive or suspicious activity to EISAA alumni portal staff. Please note that not all user-submitted content is representative of EISAA, nor does it necessarily represent the views of EISAA, CDC Foundation, its staff or members.
You can download our Terms and Conditions by clicking here.